Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home is where the heart is

With the Holiday's coming up, we all seem to get a little more generous, share a little more, feel a little more and love a little more. Since my heart's still left in Africa but for now I'm physically here in San Diego, the cookies and I try to help out where we can. Here's a couple events we will be participating in throughout the next couple of weeks in which a portion of the proceeds are donated to help those in need in Africa. I'd love some help in spreading the word and of course to see some of you there!

Second Event:
More details soon to follow on this one but here's what we know so far:
Viewing of Invisible Children's Documentary and Fundraiser at Stingaree
Tuesday, December 9th
Doors open at 7pm - music, food and drinks, door prizes
8:15pm we will show the Documentary
9-10pm is the after party
Invisible Children will have a staff and table there to answer questions etc

Also, you I just discovered this and thought I'd share - a moving and touching depiction of the current situation in Congo...incredible....

No comments: