Monday, November 10, 2008

Chocolate Raspberry Martini Sundaes - YUM!!


As you can probably imagine, my cookie gut belly is kind of tired of me eating all my leftover cookies. A little self control goes a long way!!! Anyway, the turn out for the FCC Fashion Show event on Saturday was definitely fantastic and I had a fabulous time hanging out with super cool fashionable people (will post pics soon), but like always I had a crazy amount of cookies left over. I do believe it's always better to have more than not enough though right? With this weeks leftovers, I decided to make a cookie sundae instead to bring to Sunday wine and game night. I took the Chocolate Raspberry Martini Cookie Cubes, made a chocolate raspberry sherry sauce for them, warmed in the microwave, and served them with ice cream! OMG!! So GOOD! Here's the recipe: (I'm not sure of the measurements exactly but approximation is all good).
Chocolate Raspberry Sherry Sauce:
16 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 tsp Raspberry Extract
1/2 cup Raspberry Preserves
1/4 cup Sherry
1/4 cup Cream

Melt chocolate over double broiler, add extract, preserves, sherry and mix together, remove from heact and mix in cream.

Mix about 2 lbs of the cookie cubes with the chocolate sauce until they are all coated. To serve put about 1 cup of the cookie cube mixture in a bowl or martini glass ad heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I wasn't crazy fancy but if you want, you can save some of the chocolate sauce and drizzle it on top of the ice cream or garnish the dessert with a fresh raspberry or mint to make it oh so pretty.

No comments: