Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Whirlwind week!

OMG!! What an incredibly crazy week! So good!!!! But soooooo tired! So sorry for the blog hiatus… again. The first half of the week was spent preparing for a networking event I ended up catering. Absolute craziness I must say. From running around Costco and Vons to Ranch 99 and 3 other stores in search of fresh figs to finally setting the buffet table with 8 hor devores and 50 glasses of cookie cubes, it was 3 days of absolute craziness. But oh so fun! The event was a hit and everybody loved the food. I think I might be on to something here….

Besides having a fantastic time and enjoying the guided interactive home tour, I also met some super amazing people. For starters, Hanan who just opened Calypso CafĂ© down in the Coronado Cays. Her grand opening was Friday and just to make a little grander she’s got my cookies! We’ve put the cookie cubes and truffies all over her coffee cart but best of all, we’ve got a little oven there as well so the enticing smell of freshly baked cookies tempts all those around. If you’re ever down that way – check her out. She makes this amazing walnut baklava that’s to die for!

I also met Mai, the face the name and the mastermind of Platinum Collections downtown. http://www.kingofplatinum.com/. We’re working out a cookie arrangement as well. J So, I’ll keep you informed.

And Sarah, who came to the decision that the truffies in the silver lined clear box decorated in accordance to the month of celebration is PERFECT to show celebrate her employee’s birthdays each month!

FESTA down here in Little Italy was today and Chi Chocolat’s super cool owners Jesse and Tess Brown agreed to let me set up a small retail spot in the front of their store for the estimated 70 – 80 thousand people expected to come down. It’s been crazy busy in here which is great exposure for me.

So in between the mad and crazy baking I’ve been doing, I was able to steal an hour of time from Jerry Swain, the creator of Jer’s Chocolate that was just featured on the Rachel Ray show! http://www.jerschocolate.com/ He was able to offer some great advice and insight on mistakes he made in getting started and how I can avoid them. PLAN PLAN PLAN!! Where do I really want my company to go? Do I want to go big? Or am I happy staying local? Do I want a store still? Or can I just be online? I think when things slow down after next week, I’m going to have to do a little soul searching. Until then, oven mits back on! I’ve a got a wedding to bake for!

No comments: