Monday, October 20, 2008

Not like grandma used to make

Cookies aren't just for kids anymore. Sure we love that nostalgic feeling and that awesome smell that takes over when we pull a fresh baked batch of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven, but they can also be so much more! I feel like cookies have been so pigeoned hole into just your basic chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin or peanut butter cookie that that's all we expect out of a cookie these days. And when we think of a store bought cookie we think crumbly, crispy and dry. Poor cookie! No one has really taken the time to see what else they can do. Don't get me wrong, I do still love an oatmeal raisin cookie and those white chocolate macadamia's are sooo good but oh they can be so much more! We make all kinds of gourmet cupcake flavors, baskin robbins has 31 flavors but I've heard they gone through over 1,000, and I don't even know how many ways we've manage to spice up a good old fashioned cheesecake. I think it's time to do the same for the cookie. And that's what we intend to do. Creating cookie experiences like you've never experienced before. For my first experiment, I'm thinking of either a coconut lime cookie or a honey lemon cookie. Any suggestions?

No comments: