Monday, August 16, 2010

Pina Colada Cookie attempt number...well who's really counting?

This has been a cookie in the works for years now and I'm finally close....I think....attempt number...well who really knows is only a couple changes away.



I used canned pineapple which added great pineapple flavor with a little of the juice included but made the cookies kind of cakey, like a muffin top. I also only used a out a half of cup of coconut which I think I will increase to make the cookies a little chewier. I added a little coconut extract which I liked and might add some rum to the next batch. But I'll also use all brown sugar and dried pineapple instead of the canned and using any white sugar at all. For the topping I made a pineapple glaze which made the cookie way to sweet...even for me! For the next batch, I think I'll try white chocolate instead. It was also my first time toasting coconut and lesson learned, take it out the oven a little before you think it's done because it'll continue browning on the baking sheet. Stay tuned for the next trial! So close!!!

No comments: