Friday, February 6, 2009

Home sweet home

Hi cookie lovers! So I'm home in MD now- I can't believe it's been over a year now since I've been back. It's crazy how this place is always changing. There's this one store that's on the very end of a shopping plaza off the street that leads to my mom's house that's probably changed 5 times in the last few years. It used to be a photo printing store, then maybe some other sort of film store, then it turned into a bubble tea shop, but was taken over by new management into a new tea shop but is now I think the grand opening of a Vietnamese noodle shop!! It's sad and crazy to think that so many business owners couldn't make it work in that particular location. The beer store a couple doors down has been there for years and years now and I can't think that it's that much better run than the tea shop owners. I don't know, perhaps people just really like beer but we live in Asia minor out in the suburbs so I find that hard to believe. It gets me thinking how important the location of selecting where I want to set up shop is and how I still have no clue. I keep debating between Little Italy since I love it there but it's gotten kind of dead, downtown maybe but it's expensive in the gaslamp, PB? but really do I want to deal with that kind of crowd, La Jolla would be nice but expensive too....it's a long ways away still but who knows...maybe not.

No comments: