Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Two weeks notice

I've had to give a "real" 2 weeks notice 3 times in my life. I'm not counting when I quit Outback becuase I was graduating from college or when I told my dad I didn't want to file his paperwork anymore. No I'm talking about the kind of notice you know won't go over well becuase you've worked at a company that's come to depend on you and the work you do. I hate that kind. Unfortunately, it doesn't even get easier the more times you do it. In fact, this time was even more nerveracking then any other and the thought of having to say those two little words, "I quit" once again was making my stomach quite queezy. I almost didn't even go through with it but through divine intervention my boss actually called me into a conference room at exactly 4:45pm becuase she could tell something was up with me. I took that as a sign that now was as good a time as any other to tell them that being an accountant just wasn't doing it for me and that I needed more. And it could not have gone over better. All that worrying and stress and late-night binge eating, cookies of course :) all for NOTHING! They were completely supportive of my decision and happy that I was pursuing my passions. Why can't everything in life turn out so well? I love when God makes everything so clear! It's totally official - Uganda here I come!

No comments: